Developing DL-Learner using Eclipse
Instructions on how to prepare Eclipse for developing DL-Learner:
- Make sure you have Java 7, Maven 2 and Eclipse installed.
- Install the Subclipse plugin or the Subversive plugin for Subversion support.
- Install the Eclipse m2e Maven plugin for Maven support and “m2e-egit“ for Git.
- “File >> New >> Other…“ >> “Checkout Maven Projects from SCM“
- Set SCM URL type to “git“ and enter https://github.com/SmartDataAnalytics/DL-Learner.git as URL
- Choose “Finish“
You should now be ready to develop DL-Learner in Eclipse. DL-Learner uses the standard code conventions with the only difference that the maximum line length is 100 instead of 80 (Project >> Properties >> Java Code Style >> Formatter >> Edit >> Line Wrapping Tab >> enter “100“ as maximum).
Similar instructions apply to other IDEs.
Hint: DL-Learner is a Maven multi module project. If you have several such projects in Eclipse, the package explorer can become cluttered. We recommend to put all DL-Learner modules in a working set. We also recommend to use the hierarchical view in the package explorer, because DL-Learner contains many nested packages.